ADEN CONTRACTING LTD
Aden Contracting Ltd (“the Employer”) recognises and accepts its legal obligations (under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and all applicable regulations made under it) to ensure, as far as is reasonably practical, the health, safety and welfare at work of all its employees, persons in training, contractors (“Employees”) and the health and safety of occupiers and visitors and other persons who are present within the premises and who may be affected by its work (“Occupiers and visitors”).
In accordance with our legal obligations, we are continually updating risk assessments to reflect significant risks of our activities, equipment and all other related arrangements where matters of health and safety may be involved.
This Health and Safety Policy (“the Policy”) is designed to enable the Employer to comply with its statutory health and safety obligations, to apply the necessary measures identified in its risk assessment and to adopt all other reasonably practicable measures (within the limits of available resource) to:
- Reduce hazards and the risk of personal injury to its Employees and Occupiers and visitors arising out of its activities;
- Maintain a safe and healthy place of work; and
- Reduce hazards and the risk of damage to property.
In particular, the Employer shall:
- Continue to identify hazards and assess risks to health and safety;
- Provide and maintain safe equipment and systems of work that are free of risk to health;
- Maintain any place of work under its control (including access and egress) safe and free of risk to health; authorise the Safety Advisors and Supervisor to STOP unsafe works and conditions.
- Provide safe arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles, goods and substances;
- Provide adequate and appropriate information, instructions, training and supervision;
- Consult with all the Employees on health and safety matters;
- Liaise and coordinate with occupiers and contractors who may share temporary occupation where necessary;
- Monitor, inspect and review the implementation of this Policy; and
- Review and update this policy annually.
To this end, proper implementation and application of this Policy by everyone is paramount. Employees are required to comply with the terms of this Policy and any related arrangements or policies from time to time in force; take all reasonable steps to protect their own safety and that of other Employees; and co-operate with management in the implementation of this Policy.
For and on behalf of Aden Contracting Ltd
Mr. Denis Curtis
Director Responsible for Health and Safety