ADEN CONTRACTING LTD
Aden Contracting Ltd are committed to eliminating acts of modern day slavery and human trafficking with our business and from within our supply chains.
Our annual turnover is under £36 million and although we are not legally obliged to report on slavery and human trafficking, this statement is made in accordance with section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Modern Slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. Aden Contracting Ltd has a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner.
- Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking Policy. This policy sets out the organisations stance on modern slavery and explains how employees can identify any instances of this and where they can go for help.
- Recruitment Procedure. We operate a robust recruitment process, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Whistleblowing Policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
Aden Contracting Ltd operates a Procurement Procedure and maintains an Approved Supplier List. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become an approved supplier. We require that confirm to us that;
- They have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their business.
- They hold their own suppliers to account over modern slavery.
We regularly brief all relevant management and staff members, and ensure that our policies reach every employee, in order that they understand the signs of modern slavery and what to do if they suspect that there is any risk of it taking place within any area of our business or our supply chain. As partner members we will work with the Supply Chain Sustainability School to promote the material available to educate the industry on modern slavery.
Our Performance Indicators
We will know the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain if;
- No reports are received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified.
- We achieve a level of communication and personal contact with every employee and their understanding of, and compliance with, our expectations regarding modern slavery.
The Managing Director shall review this policy annually or following significant changes.
This statement is endorsed by the Company’s Directors, who take responsibility for it’s execution and share responsibility for the implementation of this policy.
Aden Contracting Ltd
22nd April 2021